ADVENTURE INTO THE AWESOMENESS OF MIDDLE SCHOOL
This week we celebrate the AWESOME-ness of middle schoolers!! Of course, we believe you are awesome 365 days of the year (or this year, 366 days!), but this week is a special shout out to our favorite group of people.
If you have ever worn earmuffs or jumped on a trampoline you can thank an innovative adolescent for that! Keep reading for innovative fun facts and ideas to try out!
Subscribe to receive Daily Adventures in your inbox! Adventure on. ~TomTod Team
MOMENT OF JOY
THE GOOD STUFF
Watch + Learn
As a caregiver, you know all too well that sprinkled within all of the amazingness are complicated and at times challenging and confusing behaviors. These changes can be attributed to a developing brain and a process called neural pruning (2:16).
We believe middle schoolers are empathetic, innovative, and inspiring and we hope you do, too! Take a peek at this message from middle schoolers. Discuss what moments stand out to each family member.
Looking for new mealtime conversation starters? Use the following questions as prompts and let the chatting begin! Don’t talk with your mouth full!
- What invention has made the biggest impact on your life and why?
- How can ideas from middle schoolers change the world?
Student Design Challenge
Check out 10 great inventions from students your age. Now come up with your own invention. Accept the Invent the Future Challenge from kid-museum.org. This year’s challenge question is “What will you make to protect life on this planet?”
Here’s three easy steps from kid-museum to start your invention:
- Get inspired! See what problems other inventors have tackled in their quest to solve environmental concerns or look here for other invention ideas to try!
- Create Designs! You don’t have to be a good artist to create a working sketch. If digital design interests you, check out TinkerCad, a free 3D modeling website.
- Prototype: Do you have paper? Tape? Then you can make a prototype! Using maker skills and household items, build a simple model of your design — and see it come to life!
Subscribe to receive Daily Adventures in your inbox!
TomTod’s Daily Adventures are free and available to anyone to use. If you find them valuable and have the means to do so, consider donating to support this work.
Thank you and Adventure on! – The TomTod Team