ADVENTURE INTO YOU
This week we adventure into IDENTITY. Identity describes your qualities, beliefs, and personality; basically, it’s who you are! But, these aren’t simple questions to answer.
This week, we’ll explore more of what makes you YOU! So keep reading and jump into the activities as you feel comfortable.
~ The TomTod Adventure Curators
Subscribe to receive Daily Adventures in your inbox! Adventure on. ~TomTod Team
BIG QUESTION OF THE DAY
Why is it important to have a sense of who you are?
How do you define your identity?
MOMENT OF JOY
Middle schoolers 3D print face shields for first responders. Dog delivers goods to those in need. (1:35)
THE GOOD STUFF
Watch + Learn
How we define our identity is challenging and ever-changing! Watch How I lost my identity but found my worth (Check out 7:40-9:20 for redefining identify or watch in full 10:31). Parents, we found these 7 Tips to Help Your Teen Create a Strong Sense of Self to be thoughtful and on target.
Watch the award-winning short, “Identity” (5:18). “Living in a world where everybody wears masks due to lack of self-identity, a brave girl encounters the truth that sets her free”
As a family, explore these questions: What do you think the masks represent? What do you think the main character means by, “Today, I discovered the truth?”
Individually journal these questions (share if you’d like): What “masks” do you use to identify yourself? What is your truth? Who is someone you might trust to share your truth with? How would life be different if you removed your mask and shared your truth with someone you trust?
Explore & Play
Check out the game Codenames. You can play with family and friends virtually over your favorite video chat tool.
- Go to https://www.horsepaste.com/ and enter your own secret code (or family name, or whatever word you want) to access a specific came card that you can share.
- This is a game of guessing which words in a set are related to a hint-word given by another player. Players split into two teams: red and blue. One player of each team is selected as the team’s spymaster; the others are field operatives.
Student Design Challenge
Think of three people (in your life, historical figures, etc.) that inspire you to be your best.
- Name them, list the qualities they have that you like, and why those qualities are important.
- How can the qualities you have inspire others?
- Ask people close to you who they look up to and why.
Explore More: Take a crash course on identity: Batman & Identity (9:08)
Subscribe to receive Daily Adventures in your inbox!
TomTod’s Daily Adventures are free and available to anyone to use. If you find them valuable and have the means to do so, consider donating to support this work.
Thank you and Adventure on! – The TomTod Team